Everything on this site is copyrighted by Jenna Star Friedman. You may not copy or reproduce anything here without written permission by me. Thank you.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Roseate Spoonbills, Pastel, by Jenna Star



Two roseate spoonbills graze along a mangrove bayou on the west coast of Florida. I have only seen spoonbills twice in the three years I've been here. They are becoming more and more uncommon. When I heard there were some nearby, I rode my bicycle there and took some photos. I painted the bayou en plein air, and added the spoonbills later from my photo.

Roseate Spoonbills, Pastel, 9x12"
$200.00
Thanks for visiting!














1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this one! I've never seen Spoonbills in real life, but here they almost look like living versions of those plastic lawn flamingos! They look so cool with the orange plant above them and the other colors in this painting.