Everything on this site is copyrighted by Jenna Star Friedman. You may not copy or reproduce anything here without written permission by me. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Key Vista

I recently completed this painting which I had started en plein air at Key Vista Park. I really like the colors I got into this one, which you can see more clearly by clicking on the picture. I got it mostly finished that day in the park, but I usually like to look at my work a few days or more later, before completely finishing it off. I feel I need to look at it away from the actual scene with some objectivity to judge whether it's a good painting. In the heat of the moment (literally and figuratively), and after a couple of hours of observing the subject intensely, it's often hard for me to see whether I've said what I wanted to with the painting. Of course the trick is knowing when to stop -- I've ruined very many pieces by adding "just this one more thing!"
Key Vista, Oil, 14x11"
Thanks for looking -- and paint on!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: