Everything on this site is copyrighted by Jenna Star Friedman. You may not copy or reproduce anything here without written permission by me. Thank you.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Colors of Brooker Creek

An oil painting exploring the colors found in the natural plant life in Brooker Creek Preserve. This is another in the series of paintings done at this location. I've been trying to look up the name of the pinkish plant in the foreground here, but haven't found it yet. I used to know what it's called, but can't remember right now (this is happening more and more lately, unfortunately!)
"Colors of Brooker Creek", Oil, 11x14.
Thanks for looking!

OK, I just learned about this plant from the director of education at Brooker Creek, Jim McGinity, and am posting a link here, that will give you the actual name and some information on it. Thanks Jim! Click here to find out: http://www.floridaplants.com/post/nativeplants.html

2 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

I am glad that I found your blog! You paintings are lovely and I love the colors you use. Thanks for sharing.

Jenna Star Friedman said...

Thanks so much for your comment. You can probably tell that I love bright colors.