Everything on this site is copyrighted by Jenna Star Friedman. You may not copy or reproduce anything here without written permission by me. Thank you.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Patio Garden 2, Watercolor, 8x10

I painted the same view of my sister's garden several times while I was in Phoenix. In this one, the colors are more intense and I included the view outside her garden wall. This being Phoenix in June, it was very hot, and I wanted to capture the intensity of the heat and sun.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sandra Bonner Babb said...

I think you got the light. The shadows kinda cool it down some. I wonder if I were painting it how I might heat up the shadows without loosing the darks.That would be something to work on. It may look hotter in the actual painting. I love your composition and the light is gorgeous too.
Sandra

Jenna Star Friedman said...

Thanks Sandra. I like your comment about "heating up the shadows." They aren't quite as cool as they appear in the photo, but I think it's something I could have emphasized more. I've done several versions of this scene that I'm going to look through now with an eye to the color temperature in the darks.

Jenna Star Friedman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.